The RAFARS Council post of Secretary will become vacant on 31st March 2022. This role is vital to the smooth running of the Society and is a key Council post. This is an unpaid volunteer role, although expenses for travel and administration such as stationary and postal charges may be claimed.
To give potential volunteers an understanding of the tasks involved a list of current responsibilities is shown below. This is not necessarily comprehensive and would be subject to negotiation.
- Computer literate with an understanding of word processing and the use of spreadsheets.
- Able to make contact with members by telephone, email and post as required.
- Attending Council meetings at RAFARS HQ at RAF Cosford approximately 6 times a year (However, attendance by video conference may be an alternative for some meetings).
- Preparation and distribution of minutes (a record of actions) following Council meetings and the AGM.
- Making arrangements for the Annual General Meeting and Dinner in October each year.
- Have a good understanding of the importance of Data Protection in line with GDPR.
Potential volunteers for this post, should in the first instance contact the RAFARS Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org